“My computer is slow” is one of the most common problem that people talk about. We keep on adding software, music, movies and many other things but we don’t realize that our computer has limited resources. So until we increase the resources used by the computer, how can we expect our pc to perform faster. Latest computers are designed and updated in memory, graphics to handle all extra generated work by the computer. If you want your computer to perform well, first thing you need to look the configuration of your computer. Old computers tend to give slow performance because everything in this world has a limited time.
Below are some common problems that your slow computer might be having. If you are able to keep these things in order, then you computer will perform better.
- Dust in the Machine – After years of running, your fans get clogged with dust. So, if you fans are filled with dust then nothing can speed up your PC.
- Less RAM Memory – If you don’t have enough RAM in your PC, then it will slow down your computer if you continue to load software and other programs. Best thing is to increase the memory.
- UPDATE your Windows – In order to keep the best performance of the computer, it is very essential to update your windows with all the security updates.
- Spyware – If your computer is always running slow, then there is a possible chance that it may be affected with the spyware. Install a good antivirus or spyware scanner to remove the program.
- Registry Editing – The registry of the computer is similar to a telephone directory. According to Microsoft, if all the invalid keys are removed from the registry then PC performance can be increased.
- Uninstall Programs – You simply need to uninstall all the unnecessary programs that you are not using on a regular basis. Go to control panel, add or remove programs and remove the software.
- Delete Temp Files – Over number of days, the temp folder of the PC fills up with the temporary files and folders which make your PC slow. Delete them and you will increase in the performance.
- File Fragmentation and Disk Check – You need to fragment your files on the disk and you also need to check your disk for errors. You can find these tools in the properties of the computer.
- Turn off Windows Indexing Service – In order to make your search faster, the computer has system called windows indexing service which uses an extra resources to find all the files and folders inside the disk fast. If you turn off the windows indexing service, the performance of the PC increases.
- Reinstall Windows – If none of the above solves your slow PC, then try reinstalling windows again. Windows re-installation will delete everything and all the settings become fresh to use.
Beside these, there are few other things you can do such as device drive update which you can check under device manager settings in my computer. Hopefully your computer performance will increase.