In order to make your windows xp boot faster, you need to configure and make changes to it’s boot file and secondly you can configure startup i.e. removing programs from the startup folder of windows xp so that it can respond quickly after welcome screen. Because of too many programs in your startup folder of windows xp, all those programs try to open at once, making the booting process slow and tedious. Open the startup folder and remove all those programs. However you can keep one or two programs which are very important.
Secondly in order to boot more faster and quick follow the below method-
For this tweak Following should be applicable on your system…
1.HDD on Your primary IDE channel (nothing else on device 0 or 1)
2.A CD-ROM and/or DVD-ROM on the secondary IDE channel.
Every time we boot Windows XP, there’s an updated file called NTOSBOOT-*.pf and there’s no need to erase any other files as new prefetch option in Windows XP really maintains and improves opening time of all installed programs. It will help in faster windows Xp and will not decrease its performance.
1. Open notepad.exe, type “del c:windowsprefetch tosboot-*.* /q” (without the quotes) & save as “ntosboot.bat” in c:
2. From the Start menu, select “Run…” & type “gpedit.msc”.
3. Double click “Windows Settings” under “Computer Configuration”
4. Double click again on “Shutdown” in the right window.
5. A new windows appears, click “add”, “Browse”, locate your “ntosboot.bat” file & click “Open”.
6. Click “OK”, “Apply” & “OK” once again to exit.
7. select “Run…” & type “devmgmt.msc”.
8. Double click on “IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers”
9. Right click on “Primary IDE Channel” and select “Properties”.
10. Select the “Advanced Settings” tab then on the device 0 or 1 that doesn’t have ‘device type’ greyed out select ‘none’ instead of ‘autodetect’ & click “OK”.
11. Right click on “Secondary IDE channel”, select “Properties”
12. Repeat step 9.
13. Now Reboot your computer.
Now Windows XP will faster than before. Follow all the steps all the carefully.